X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got delivery of the "Super Jupiters" - WTF KnC

UPS just delivered two huge parcels from KnC. Opening them I was surprised to find 6 smaller aluminium boxes with 3 ASIC boards and fans on it. When looking through the grills I noticed that some of the big fans were not sitting even straight on the boards and some even had a rubber band around them. Assuming one has to self assemble them, so probably that careless and bad mounting job was done intentionally. I found out that one can remove the white plugs from the bottom and has to open the boxes to remount the fans which might or might not have damages the ASIC boards as they were touching other parts of the board. Extremely disappointed with that bad way of shipping. What happened KnC??

I continued to unpack and found three controller boards with the beagle bone on it and a bundle of cables. That's it. No case, no box for the controller boards, no MANUAL of how to put it all together. I have to buy today 3 * 1200 W PSU and two ethernet cables (KnC said all cables provided...) and also an ethernet hub. Very disappointed.

The foam which should hold the fans in place is too short to fill out the box perfectly and seems to have been just squeezes in, no wonder the fans dont sit properly on the boards, not even where they should be but touch other parts. The paste which should help to glue them together is smeared all over the boards. No idea why they put rubber bands around the fans.
    MORE PROBLEMS!!!! Noticed some transistors have fallen off, not properly wielded on the boards!!!!!

Is there an online manual of how to set up the Super Juniors or does KnC not even care that customers paid 10.000 - 12.000 USD for that crap.

Or do we get punished by not believing any longer that they will ever ship their Neptunes.

Bad Job KnC, you really lost it

As I don't think those Jupiters are safe to turn on even and on every cable there is a warning note that warranty is void if opened, I don't even dare to turn them on especially with parts having broken off the ASIC board. I emailed KnC and will wait for their reply how to solve that situation. Very upset.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by freakingcat; 25th April 2014, 06:59 AM.

In this picture you see how the boards with the loose fans arrived. I couldn't open them not to loose warranty.

Comment

and another part fell out from another box...not even sure what it is
      For this I paid 10.000 USD PLUS bought 3 PSU's - Waiting for KnC's email reply, how to solve that problem.
      Shipping back 20 kg on my own cost is definitely not an option.

I was a supporter of KnC from the first hour and now they punish us who didn't believe any longer that their Neptunes will arrive? Will they be assembled in the same careless way?

Comment

• Keith
        Keith commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry to hear about the issue you have with the miner, this appears to be due to extremely bad handling by the shipping company and we are also checking this internally to ensure that this does not happen again. I will reply to your support ticket with the information and we will get this issue resolved for you as quickly as possible.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

• emkay47
        emkay47 commented
        Editing a comment
        Keith This is not happening man ,
        Its better if KnC ship the heat sinks and the fans in separate box and not already installed .
        Let the customers install it themselves , this way the sinks and the fans won't damage the board and the ASIC in the box .

Please Keith , look into it , my miners are supposed to arrive in India , Delhi , it would be really sad , if i have to send them back .

Having unpacked all 6 boxes, on 5 of them the big massive fans have become loose and damaged the ASIC boards. From another one a huge part even fell out. Have those parts not been even soldered properly??? I was a huge fan of the Jupiter and everything worked smoothly with it. Even when it broke down after a few weeks, KnC asked me to send back the boards and replaced them with new ones.

Now, I have written to customer support, also to Sam directly and will wait until they reply, sitting on a lot of broken boxes and a big bill for the 3 PSU's and the Ethernet hub I have purchased. I don't dare to plug in those "Super" Juniors as they are definitely not safe to be run and might even burn down my apartment. I am extremely disappointed with KnC and wait how they will handle the refund process. I paid 10.000 USD, waited for months and get a replacement product for the Neptune which is a safety hazard to turn on and falls into pieces on arrival? This is what KnC has become.

I am waiting for KnC's email to suggest a solution. I definitely won't pay return shipping for 20 kg of hardware garbage. Really shocked

Comment

Wow... dude my heart goes out to you, this has to be just so stressful. I am really sorry they did this to you, and anyone else. Man this is just not right.

Comment

I guess KnC charged Neptune Customers Shipping according to the expected weight of Neptune . They never knew earlier , they would have to ship out 12 boxes at the same shipping price .
          So , I guess they compromised on shipping .
          KnC , please fix this , we don't mind paying 200USD extra for proper shipping .

I am located in India , and if i receive a bad miner , its going to be hell of a job to send them back .

Comment

• Keith
            Keith commented
            Editing a comment
            We understand your concern and we are in contact with UPS regarding the shipping and we are also looking at procedures internally to ensure that this does not happen, we know that this is not acceptable and will make any required changes to ensure that it does not happen again.

• emkay47
            emkay47 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok , Thanks for the support Keith , I hope its fixed soon !!

• hejja
            hejja commented
            Editing a comment
            Seems like UPS is a company that doesn't like bitcoin
            Or perhaps its KNC that doesn't want to get more competition against there data center

KnC was very quick to reply and I highly appreciate the solution they have offered to me. I absolutely accept their apology and their way to solve this problem. This is what KnC wrote to me. Hi,
          Really sorry to hear about this issue you have with the miner. This appears to be due to incorrect packaging and extremely bad handling of the boxes. What we will do for you in this case is ship you another complete miner free of charge. There is no need to send the broken miner back to us in this case.
          We have passed this issue on to our manufacturing facility and they will send out the replacement miner as soon as physically possible.
          Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused.

Best regards |
          Med vänlig hälsning

Keith Gurnett
          Kncminer

Comment

• dacman61
            dacman61 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow! Lucky! I just hope I don't have to deal with this situation to begin with...

• hejja
            hejja commented
            Editing a comment
            That's really good news for you! Pethaps you can make some expriments on the broken miner

• hejja
            hejja commented
            Editing a comment
            That's really good news for you! Pethaps you can make some expriments on the broken miner

We all just want to get miners which work...broke my heart to see most of the ASIC boards damaged. But I salute KnC for their quick problem solving. Lets wait for the next parcel and hope it arrives well. Its true shipping fans and boards separately would have avoided the problem

Comment

KnC sent another email. Note, NO fan cable in my damaged shipping had been attached to the ASIC boards

Dear KnC Miner Customer.
            Before powering on your Jupiter 3 TH Miner please check that the heat sink/cooler is correctly aligned on the ASIC chip, if you notice that it has moved during shipment you can use a pen/pencil or other small long object to position the heat sink/cooler in the middle of the ASIC chip.

Also please check that the fan cable is correctly connected to the pins on the ASIC board, if it has come loose during shipping you can simply place it back in to position through the small slots on the front of the miner.

If you have any doubts or issues that you are not comfortable with please do not hesitate in contacting us. We will provide any assistance that you require as quickly as possible.
            Regards
            KnCMiner Team.

Comment

Wow so sorry to hear about this! Looks like KNC handled it well for you. Can you please upload pictures of the entire 3000 GH Jupiter? I would like to see what they look like. KNC i hope you reward customers like me who have refused to refund because we have good faith in your company. Please be aware of the customers still standing
              Last edited by NeptuneJones; 25th April 2014, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by freakingcat View Post
                In this picture you see how the boards with the loose fans arrived. I couldn't open them not to loose warranty.
                So are you saying they have some sort of "VOID WARRANTY" tape between the case body and the case cover? This wasn't the situation with my two October Jupiter's I used to own. I had to definitely open up those cases and reattach the fans that had popped off of the heatsinks, and one of the Jupiter's had the fans blowing in the wrong direction even!

Comment

• sillywhim
                  sillywhim commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The "WARRANT VOIDED" is a stick on label found on the end of each fan's power cables. I believe this refers to not unplugging the fans cables from the asic board though all of mines were unplugged!!!! clever of them, huh?

Originally posted by NeptuneJones View Post
                Wow so sorry to hear about this! Looks like KNC handled it well for you. Can you please upload pictures of the entire 3000 GH Jupiter? I would like to see what they look like. KNC i hope you reward customers like me who have refused to refund because we have good faith in your company. Please be aware of the customers still standing
                Will do the moment the new Jupiter delivery arrives. Just got a notification from KnC that it has been handed over to UPS, hope this time it all arrives well.

Comment

• sillywhim
                  sillywhim commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You can't go blaming UPS which in my mind used reasonable care in shipping. There were no holes in the boxes when it was delivered.

Really if you could see the flimsiness of the thin-gauge aluminum case and the weak design of the clamping of the rather heavy water cooling tower fan assembly, this miner was designed to come apart.

This is not a UPS issue, this is a KNC issue. Any verbiage from KNC to the contrary is a sick denial of reality and a passing of the buck (or euro.)

Originally posted by NeptuneJones View Post
                Noticing that some boards have been so badly damaged, that even parts of the ASIC boards fell out, I didn't want to take any risks to void my warranty. On every heatsink there is a "Warranty Void if removed" sticker, maybe it only applies to the heatsink. KnC was not specific about it. I found it very unusual that not even 1 of the cables of the heatsinks was attached to the boards and fiddling them in without opening the cases is an almost impossible task.
                Last edited by freakingcat; 25th April 2014, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• sillywhim
                  sillywhim commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Saying "every heatsink there is a "Warranty Void" label is INCORRECT. The label is on the fan input power cable as this cable must be plugged in so the asic chip will not overheat which would of course void your warranty by not having the fan plugged in!!!!!

Just "open" the case up and do the "re-attachment" (but I think these cables were NEVER attached in the first place. WHY?)

My bad delivery got mentioned in the news: http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/...ces/2014/04/25

When I ran the only 3 boards which have survived the shipping disaster intact I noticed that temperatures soared up to 90 degrees!!! The reason was that the heatsinks were not touching the chips properly due to the foam on top of the box which should hold them in place. As KnC saved on fixtures to hold the heatsinks in place, there is a huge risk that the boards and chips overheat. Pushing them in place with a pen like KnC suggested works but only until the foam stirs them back. Taking out the foam might be a solution but then one can only hope that the family dog is never bashing against the mining rack. Hope they learn from this for their Neptunes

Comment

• dacman61
                  dacman61 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Use a long screwdriver to try and move the heatsinks from the top of them, than from the bottom where it makes contact with the ASIC module. This method seemed to work best for me to help prevent them from sliding back off of the chip.

These joops would be so hard to re sell .
                Nobody would re buy a poor assembled miner .

Unscrewed heat sinks is a nightmare .

KnC , Tell us please , why would you even do that in the first place ?

Comment

Working...
                X