Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My choice of PSU, Corsair RM850 850 Watt 80+ Gold

http://www.corsair.com/us/rm-series-...er-supply.html

Aside from being Corsair, awesome quality, awesome warranty, you can buy directly from Corsair @ $149 each, but wait, there's more! They offer very nice instant discounts for multiple PSUs with a max of $30 off per PSU on qty 4+, This gives you the PSU, no crappy mail in rebates, $120. You can't beat that! And trust me when I say go with a fully modular PSU, having a bundle of cables, even zip tied up, just is messy compared to just what you need.

Where do you see the discount? I put 4 into my shopping cart just to see and there wasn't a discount.

Comment

Originally posted by NiteShdw View Post
      Where do you see the discount? I put 4 into my shopping cart just to see and there wasn't a discount.
      Bummer, It seems the promotion is over, I'm not seeing it anymore either. Still, it's a sexy PSU!

Comment

Those are very good PSU's, no question there. Corsair is a good brand. Another PSU worth considering is the Seasonic Platinum 860 - though they are a bit more money.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817151111

Or the Gold for 30$ less:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817151102

IMHO, good power supplys are like good monitors - they last much longer than the machines they're attached to. Don't buy a no-name or inefficient (less than 80 gold) one - and as the OP stated, full modular is the only way to go.

Kneedle

Buy SeaSonic Platinum Platinum-860 860W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply with fast shipping and top-rated customer service.Once you know, you Newegg!

Comment

Seasonic is the best made, but they are more expensive. I have an X2 Seasonic in my unraid server which has 13 wdc black drives. The psu fan rarely ever comes on.

Comment

I got this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...20master%20PSU

Seems as if it'll do the job. It has 6 PCI-E 6+2 pin adapters.

P.S. - Sorry for people that aren't in the US, you may not be able to click that!

Comment

Got me RM850's ready for duty. I used extra molex to PCIe adapters, cut off most of the wires, for the jumper to switch on the PSU

Comment

On a side note, I've got a bunch on really nice Rosewill 500W and 700W Power supplies if anyone is looking for a good deal, PM me. I simply got the Corsair because I didn't want extra wires and 2 PSUs per Jupiter, but if you don't mind the extra wires, hit me up.

Comment

I actually went with "Seasonic PLATINUM-1000 ATX 1000 Power Supply" 239.99 Over at amazon with free shipping since Im a prime member. Reason i went with this power supply. Is i like the fact it was single rail, And Being in Hawaii. Platinum rating is almost a must to me. Since we pay .43 kWh Even though i have decently large PV Solar system on my house. It wont quite cover the full cost of running my Jupiter along with my other electric use. Should cover a little over half. Depending on what true final numbers are. I also deiced to go to the 1000w over the 860 model because i rather it be putting less strain on the psu. And also the better efficiency
                  Witch you could see over at http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/S...c/P1000/5.html

Comment

Originally posted by 1l1l11ll1l View Post
                    Got me RM850's ready for duty. I used extra molex to PCIe adapters, cut off most of the wires, for the jumper to switch on the PSU
                    I know how to do "trick" the power supply to turn on with the paper clip trick, is that what you are going to do? If so, aren't the colors of the wires on those power supplies all black? How do you know which wires to cross if you are going to "trick" the power supply on? Also, why do you have so many power supplies? Did you order a lot of miners? On your second picture what are those little yellow wires, what are they doing? I'm just trying to figure out which power supply I can buy.

Is it really true we have to "trick" our power supplies to turn on?
                    I took a screen show of the back of your power supply and I assume those little yellow wires are to "trick" the power supply on, but where did you get those black connectors that plug into the power supply itself? I'm a little confused about how to "trick" my power supply on. I'll probably end up with either the RM650 or a Seasonsic brand. You can take more pictures of your connectors to maybe help others here how to do that? Thanks.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by michaeldiggs; 22nd September 2013, 11:57 PM.

Comment

• CYPER
                      CYPER commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Type "atx 24 pin diagram" into Google Images.
                      Little yellow wires = paperclip trick = it is just a connector with the right pins shorted.
                      Yes we have to do the trick ourselves = no dedicated ON/OFF button.

Ok, thanks. I'm just not that good with making modifications and stuff like that, that's all. And I was confused on what connectors are plugged into the PSU itself. Usually they have wires coming out of them, but in the pictures they are blanks.

Comment

• CYPER
                      CYPER commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They are blanks, because the power supplies are fully modular = that means you plug in the cables you actually need.

Originally posted by michaeldiggs View Post
                    Ok, thanks. I'm just not that good with making modifications and stuff like that, that's all. And I was confused on what connectors are plugged into the PSU itself. Usually they have wires coming out of them, but in the pictures they are blanks.
                    The all black wires are the 6-pin PCIe wires, I just have them folded under for the picture. I don't have any other wires hooked up, and don't plan on it unless the KNC units do require a 5v line. The yellow wire is from a PCIe power adapter I cut all the wires off, leaving just the jump part there, that's the paperclip trick, just a little cleaner since I didn't want to have to plug in the 24-pin just to have a paperclip at the end of it. And yes, each power supply will be in use hopefully by early October

Comment

• ahansen1
                      ahansen1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have the exact same PSUs. I am a complete nube, any thoughts on the mini-fit comment they threw in the setup guide? It looked like you had the stock modular cables plugged in. Are you still expecting those will work? I like what you did with the molex to PCIe adapters vs. the paper clip. Is it completely silly for me to buy molex to PCIe adapters just to get this clean look. I found some on amazon for a few bucks a piece.

"The PSU PCIe-connector required is a 45750 Mini-FitĀ® Plus HCS Crimp Terminal Crimped to 16 AWG wire."
                      - https://www.kncminer.com/pages/titan-setup-info

http://www.computercityhw.it/prodott...020059-eu.html

What say you of this power supply for my mercury?

Comment

I picked up a V850 from Newegg for $110 after rebate and a V1000 for $124 after rebate (with a free computer case!). Now I'm waiting for the next PSU sale to get power for my Saturn.

Comment

hello,

I'm new to the forum, I apologize in advance for the English language which is not my forte. I ordered mine Jupiter, I saw the need for a specific power that? THANKS

Comment

Working...
                        X